The central entrance has a modern door. The original door hung in place until 1964, when the library replaced it, probably to comply with local building requirements that doors open outward. The transom, however, dates from 1812.
The pedimented entrance porch is an early and valuable addition to the front façade, the work of John Shaw, an important cabinet maker of Annapolis, who was engaged by Farmers Bank in 1812 to make improvements to the property. The design of the porch is similar to the porch Shaw designed and built at his own residence on State Circle.
Paint evidence shows that whitewash was applied to the brick between 1747 and 1812. By 1890, the whitewash was wearing off, and by the turn of the century, the brickwork was stripped clean.